It is truly the summer of love. After over a year of either taking a break from dating or subsisting on virtual dates, singles are ready to get back out there and meet up with their matches in person. After all, over half of daters on OkCupid said they couldn’t say ‘I love you’ to someone they hadn’t met in person. Perhaps that’s also why
- Over half a million have added the I’m Vaccinated badge to their profile to indicate their status to others.
- We’ve seen over an 80% increase in mentions of ‘in person dating’ on user profiles this summer compared to last.
- Over 70% of singles say they’re comfortable with in-person dating.
- There have been about 4M matches and 100,000 conversations on OkCupid every single day this summer.
- OkCupid daters have answered over 50M matching questions in the past 30 days.
So for those of you who are getting back to dating — whether you’re meeting IRL or feel best sticking to virtual dates — we celebrate you: every single one of you. Starting today, OkCupid’s latest brand campaign, ‘Every Single Person,’ embraces all singles everywhere, no matter whom you’re interested in, what you’re looking for, or what matters to you. The campaign features 16 striking images that explore what real dating looks like today, from images of polyamorous relationships to bears, from tree-huggers to romantic embraces. All campaign image subjects can be found at the end of this post.
Since we were founded in 2004, OkCupid has been a champion of relationships in all forms. Not only were we the first dating app to expand gender and orientation options by the dozens, but we were also the first to recognize that users can identify as multiple at once and should be able to do so on their dating profile. We further expanded identity tags to 60 recently so that LGBTQ+ users can both identify as them and filter by them. This update, as well as our ‘Every Single Person’ campaign, were informed by what we were seeing and hearing from users, such as:
- This summer we’ve seen a nearly 20% increase in people who identify as non-binary joining OkCupid,
- And a 7% increase in users being open to non-monogamous relationships.
- Just this past month, there’s been a 300% increase in users writing in their profile that they’re either a bear or they’re looking for a bear.
- And comparing last summer to this summer, there’s been an 84% increase in daters identifying as pansexual.
- Daters who identify as pansexual are nearly 2x more likely than those who do not to have a conversation lead to contact exchange.
The data also shows that OkCupid daters care more about matching on societal, political, and social issues and interests than ever before. Today:
- Nearly 5M singles on OkCupid say they are feminist.
- Nine out of 10 daters state that it’s important their match cares about the environment.
- And not only do 70% of users say they either have or are getting the vaccine, but those who do get 15% more likes; after all, being a vaxxer is the new tall, dark, and handsome.
- Comparing last summer to this summer, there’s been a 5% increase in daters saying they smoke weed often.
- Over 2.75M singles on OkCupid are vegetarian.
- Most daters on OkCupid have read 5 to 15 books in the past year.
- Ninety-eight percent of daters say they like to cuddle.
Fostering meaningful relationships over shared interests and values has always been what drives us at OkCupid. Our powerful algorithm is built to match people on what matters to them, and our Every Single Person campaign reflects the beauty and complexity of that. Everyone deserves the love they seek — every single person. It’s waiting for them on OkCupid.
Starting today, you’ll be able to see our bold and inclusive creative across Chicago, Los Angeles and New York:
- Every Single Bear
- Every Single Bookworm
- Every Single Cuddler
- Every Single Feminist
- Every Single Heavy Petter
- Every Single Insomniac
- Every Single Introvert
- Every Single Monogamist
- Every Single Non-Monogamist
- Every Single Nonbinary
- Every Single Pansexual
- Every Single Romantic
- Every Single Submissive
- Every Single Toker
- Every Single Tree-Hugger
- Every Single Vaxxer
- Every Single Vegetarian
Download OkCupid, the dating app for every single person.