Every month we will be sharing the latest OkCupid matching questions and responses, showing what’s top of mind for our millions and millions of daters around the world. And so far, our matching questions have been answered 365 million times this year! Our newest questions cover everything from the upcoming election in Germany to the biggest dating deal breakers in India to thoughts on steamy sex in Israel to how British singles prefer their tea.
What we’re asking:
- Do you want food (apps or dinner) on a first date?
- Do you keep a diary or journal?
What you’re saying:
- 79% of over 80,000 singles on OkCupid said they want to have food on a first date
- Nearly a quarter (24%) of OkCupid daters are currently keeping a diary or journal
What we’re asking in Germany:
- Do you think it is important to vote in September?
- Do you expect your partner to vote in September?
- Which of these political topics is most important to you?
- Who can you best imagine as the new chancellor?
- Do you think we’ll have to prepare for more extreme weather in the future?
What you’re saying in Germany:
- Almost 9 in 10 German daters (87%) think it’s important to vote in September
- More than half (56%) of German daters expect their partner to vote in September, and 17% of people would be disappointed if their partner failed to vote
- German daters are most interested in climate change (49%) followed by equal opportunities (24%), education and digitization (20%), and lower rents (7%)
- 39% of German OkCupid respondents are supporting Annalena Baerbock for chancellor while 4% are choosing Olaf Scholz, 3% are behind Armin Laschet, and 53% are undecided
- 92% of German OkCupid respondents think we’ll have to prepare for more extreme weather in the future
What we’re asking in India:
- Are you looking forward to meeting matches in person?
- Which of these topics (common interests, post-pandemic plans, vaccination status, or something else) have you used most for initiating a conversation with a match?
- Has the pandemic given you more time to explore options in terms of finding your kind?
- Would you be interested in dating a person of a different nationality or religion?
What you’re saying in India:
- 83% of OkCupid daters in India are looking forward to meeting matches in person
- 75% of Indian OkCupid daters have talked about common interests to initiate a conversation with a match while 6% have discussed post-pandemic plans and 5% have mentioned vaccination status (14% have used other topics to spark a conversation)
- When asked if the pandemic has given them more time to explore options for finding their kind, 46% of Indians on OkCupid said the past year definitely has given them more time to understand a person
- 78% of Indian OkCupid daters are open to dating a person of a different nationality or religion; 11% said they’re only open to dating someone of a different nationality, while 5% said they’re only open to dating someone of a different religion
What we’re asking in Israel:
- Are you worried about another wave of covid-19 in Israel?
- How do you feel about the new government so far?
- Best summer food?
- Sex when it’s really hot out?
What you’re saying in Israel:
- A majority of Israeli OkCupid daters (62%) are worried about another wave of covid-19 in Israel
- 67% of OkCupid daters in Israel are pleased with the new government
- 35% of Israeli said fresh, cold fruit is the best summer food while 20% said a popsicle or ice cream, 15% said a smoothie, and 30% are good with any food
- 96% of OkCupid daters in Israel are down for summer sex when it’s really hot out, with 36% of those people looking to do it with their air conditioner on, 34% of those people saying they’re going to sweat regardless, and 26% finding it even hotter
What we’re asking in the United Kingdom:
- Milk first, or hot water?
- Pret or Greggs?
- Indoor pub dates are back and you get asked out on a date. Do you…?
- If someone asked you to meet in a Wetherspoons, you’d say?
What you’re saying in the United Kingdom:
- 55% of British daters on OkCupid said hot water first compared to 14% who said milk first (30% said they prefer coffee)
- Almost 7 in 10 British singletons said Greggs and their one true love, the sausage roll
- 64% of British OkCupid users said they would book a table in advance, 18% would try their luck at a walk-in, 15% would scrap the pub completely, and 4% would frantically search for a same-day reservation
- More than half (53%) of British singletons on OkCupid said “Hell yeah, I’ll have the 2–4–1 cocktail jug deal”
Download OkCupid to find a date now.