When it comes to online dating, you have a few minutes to catch a person’s attention. The opening line is everything; it is so crucial that Hinge decided to create some prompts that help singles create a connection through their own opening lines in their profile.
In a recent interview with Purewow, we talked about the 13 Best Hinge Prompts that will Break the Ice in the Least Awkward Way Possible. Knowing this information upfront can help you lead the way to more connections.
That’s why I have put together a list of the best openers to start a conversation on any dating app. With these lines, you’ll be able to catch the attention of your matches and start conversations that could lead to something more!
- “Hey, I’ve seen that you’re a fan of [insert band/artist/book/food here]. Me too! What’s your favorite _______?”
- “Hi! I’m new to this online dating thing. How about you? What apps are you using?
- “[Insert interesting fact about yourself]”. For example, “I once climbed Mount Kilimanjaro. Tell me about your most daring story”
- “So what brings you to this online dating site? Love? Foodie companion? More? Are you looking for something specific?”
- “Have we met before? You look really familiar to me.”
- “You seem like the type of person who likes to try new things. What’s the most exciting thing you’ve done recently?”
- “I’m looking for a good place to go on vacation. Do you have any recommendations?”
- “Do you know what your ideal date would be like? I’d love to hear about it.”
These are just some examples of the best openers and ways to get someone’s attention online through an online dating platform such as Tinder, Hinge, or Bumble (or any other similar service)
You can use one or all of these ideas to make a good impression and start meaningful conversations with potential matches who may eventually become dates.
And if you are struggling with getting the courage to date online, my How to Conquer Online Dating can help you feel confident in navigating yourself online. Good luck on your journey, and happy swiping!