Are Deal Breakers Keeping You From Finding True Love?
What exactly is a Dating Deal Breaker?
These are the qualities a man either has or comes to the dating table with that you can’t tolerate in your life.
Men also have Deal Breakers when it comes to dating you.
But, the difference between the sexes is men honor their Deal Breakers.
You’ll see this when a man is in a relationship with a woman for years and years, yet he won’t marry her.
In his mind, she has a Deal Breaker that isn’t suitable for marriage but is ok to just date and have fun with.
We as women have a tendency not to honor our Deal Breakers when it comes to men.
We think with a little work and a lot of love, we can change him and all will be well in our world.
This just isn’t true.
Men don’t change unless they want to change.
But you might say, I love him so much.
If this is the case, and he has one of your Deal Breakers, you aren’t honoring yourself and you will be settling.
Many women choose to settle.
Because they’re afraid no one out there is as good as this man – a man who has one of their Deal Breakers going on in his life.
All this type of thinking does is take you to a place of scarcity when it comes to men.
With our age group leading the pack with the highest divorce rate these days, there is actually an abundance of men out there for you to date.
All you have to do is go to mainstream dating websites (click here for some of my favorites) and you’ll see thousands of men right in your area looking for a woman just like you if you’re willing to give him a chance.
Back to Deal Breakers, let’s take a moment and talk about some common Deal Breakers worth thinking about.
- Pets – If you have a beloved pet in your life, then you’ll want a man who’ll treasure your “baby” as much as you do.
- Children – Are you ok with adult children or minor children living with a man you’re interested in? And if they are minor children, are you willing to deal with the teenage years again, especially if your kids are now adults?
- Smokers – I once had a boyfriend who’d take himself outside in all kinds of weather for a smoke.
He’d stand outside my garage door and puff away, then he’d come in and wash his face before getting near me.
That was love to him. For me, it became a major DEAL BREAKER for future relationships.
- Religion – Do you need a man in your life who can share your religious beliefs, going to church or temple with you on a regular basis?
- Alcohol use – Are members of Alcohol Anonymous or non-drinkers okay for you to date? r do you want someone you can share a glass of wine with at the end of the day?
- Differences in sexual behavior – Are you looking for a full-blown Fifty Shades of Grey relationship, sex once a year on your birthday, or something in between?
- Money issues and differences – Do you want him to pay for everything? Or can he be financially responsible for just his side and you for yours or is there a compromise here as well?
Take some time to clear your head and really think about the specifics of your Deal Breakers and what each one really means to you.
I guarantee whatever Deal Breakers you skip over now . . .will turn into major conflicts in your relationship at a later date.
So it’s better to know what your Deal Breakers are and whether he has them before you get too far into a new relationship.
While you’re thinking about it, why don’t you take a few moments and write your own Deal Breaker list.
As you get to know a man, refer back to this list to see if he has the qualities it takes to be with you.
And remember, if a healthy long-term relationship is what you really desire in your life, then you’ll want to choose a man who doesn’t have the Deal Breakers you’ve put on your list.
Lisa, I’m ENGAGED!
Dear Lisa…I wanted to let you know I’ve been dating an amazing man for 1.5 years now through COVID19 and we recently got engaged. The process and guidance you provided were instrumental in me meeting him. He’s a kind, generous, adoring, adventurous, stable, and amazing man who adores me every day. I don’t think I would have been prepared to meet him without going through your program, and believe me I didn’t always comply or agree with you but I did it anyway. Your program really works Lisa and it had all the tools I needed to find my guy. I’m 61 and believe that true love is an option for anyone. Kathy, California
If you’re tired of not meeting the right men and are ready to change your love life, then let’s set up a time to talk and see how we can make this happen for you. To get started, just click here and tell me a little bit about what’s been happening in your love life.
Love this article? Sign up by clicking here to receive my weekly blog.
Copyright© 2021 Lisa Copeland. All rights reserved.